Escalopes from topside
from the Austrian straw pig
On stock and ready for shipping
The word "schnitzel" is derived from "cutting" and so the Kaiserschnitzel is also cut nice and thin. With the quality of our straw pigs, pounding the schnitzel becomes unnecessary, but can increase the already great tenderness of the meat even more
The legendary Kaiserschnitzel
The Escalopes from topside, or Kaiserschnitzel, is, as the name suggests, something very special. You could say it's the most sought-after cut of pig's leg.
Especially for wonderfully juicy schnitzels or cordon bleu, this meat is an absolute hit. Lean, fine fibres and an even texture - these characteristics probably best fit the description of the Escalopes from topside.
This makes it easy to handle and guarantees an optimal result.
Quantity per person
We recommend 1 - 2 Kaiserschnitzels per person
Herkunft und Haltung
Pigs are extremely intelligent and clean animals. Therefore, species-appropriate and caring rearing is the be-all and end-all for us.
A requirement that is also noticeable in the taste. If you compare pigs from factory farms, for example, one thing is immediately clear: due to the permanent stress, the meat is much firmer, loses a lot of water during roasting and has hardly any flavour of its own.
For us at Fitmeat, this kind of rearing is out of the question for many reasons. We fight for animal welfare and the appreciation of meat products and strictly distance ourselves from immoral factory farming.
After the careful and stress-free individual slaughter of the pigs, our butchers leave the straw pigs to mature on the bone for a few days. The result is juicy and tender pieces of pork with a wonderful aroma.
Details to the article ”Escalopes from topside”
|Breed||Noble pig/landrace x Pietrain|
|Feeding||Farm-grown vegetable feeds such as barley, wheat, rape, beans, peas and maize. Non-GMO donauja from regional cultivation serves as a source of protein, as well as minerals and vitamins.|
|Meat maturation||5-10 days|
|Shelf life at 0-4°C||6-10 days|
|Shelf life at -18°C||180 days|
|Hygiene advice||Prepare and consume immediately after opening. Kitchen hygiene is important: Keep the cold chain. Store separately from other products. Work cleanly. Heat through before consumption.|
|Storage advice (Fresh)||Store refrigerated at 0 °C to +4 °C.|
|Storage advice (deep-frozen)||*** compartment (-18 °C): best before: see label - ** compartment: 2 weeks - * compartment or ice cube compartment: 1-3 days - Do not refreeze after defrosting.|
Good to know
- Fresh meat, no frozen goods
- Meat from small farmers in Austria
- Aged and finished by our traditional butcher
- Billing by the gram
- Recyclable packaging
- Ready to ship in under 24h
Accepted payment methods
Secure shopping at Fitmeat
Packaging and delivery
Your order will be delivered directly to your home by our partner shipping companies. During your order, you can also specify a desired date for your delivery. Thanks to sustainable packaging and specially developed insulation, your meat stays wonderfully fresh and is perfectly cooled with reusable cold packs.
Of course, you can track your order at any time via our tracking portal and view the delivery status. If you are not at home on the desired date, you can simply enter an alternative delivery address or give a drop-off authorisation.
Our express delivery guarantees safe delivery within 24 hours.
5 really good reasons for Fitmeat
- At Fitmeat, you only get premium meat of the best quality from selected small farmers in Austria.
- Our experienced master butchers are pioneers in meat refinement and maturation. At Fitmeat, you get perfectly matured meat that has never been frozen.
- With meat from Fitmeat, you experience sustainable meat enjoyment of a special kind, because quality goes beyond the plate with us.
- With meat from Fitmeat you support Austrian agriculture. Because the value chain remains one hundred percent in Austria.
- What you see is what you get: Whether it's the marvellous marbling of our steaks or the beautiful pastures of our farmers - all the pictures on our website are 100% authentic and taken by us on location. After all, the eye eats with you, doesn't it?